- Access to an HTML5 – compliant browser (Google Chrome 23 or greater recommended)
- Access to a higher-end text editor (specific examples linked in course)
- Any major operating system (Windows 7+, Mac OSX, Linux)
Learn to build web and mobile games with HTML5. Even if you have no experience in programming or web development, you can create your own games.
It introduces the simpleGame.js engine, showing you how the engine works and introducing a free online game development tool. For more information on game programming, please see my other course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in game development.
- Suitable for middle school, high school, or adult learners. Motivated younger students will also enjoy the course, but they may need help from an adult. Perfect course for kids and parents to take together!
- No prior experience in web development or programming is necessary, although it can be useful.
- Programming is NOT a spectator sport! You’ll only learn if you’re willing to do some exercises on your own.