- This course is for students who have already learned basics of Java programming by taking up some other course either online or in classroom.
- Students also need to know how to compile and run sample Java codes
- Netbeans IDE 7.4 or better is the recommended platform learners can use to do the exercises in this course.
- JDK 7 or higher is the recommended JAVA environment.
- And finally PATIENCE is the key to any programming assignments.
Challenge learning is an upcoming modern style of learning, specially suited to learning computer programming in sharp and precise way. This course focuses on giving core Java challenge problems that you are expected to solve and then match with our solution which has been explained in detailed in video form. And of course before giving you the challenge problems it also tells you the related concepts in brief. The overall objective is to sharpen the concepts you might have learned elsewhere but are still struggling to be perfect in them. The concepts covered in this very first course on Java are
- Tokens, Data types and Operators.
- Selection constructs (if-else, switch, ternary operator)
- Iteration constructs (for, for each, while, do-while)
If you are an entry level programmer or a programming school student striving to become perfect in above concepts, this one promises to help every one of you. This one can also help other instructors to learn a new way of throwing challenges in front of their students.
- About 2 hour of video learning content.
- 11 Concept Examples and 19 Challenge Problems to cover all related concepts.
- Hints have been provided with all 19 challenge problems.
- Detailed solution videos for all challenge problems.
- Links for further exploration.
You should take this course to start your journey of becoming an expert in Java. As a course maker I promise to make available material of other levels very soon, so that your urge of knowing more and more keeps getting satisfied.
This course has been created as a level wise course to keep the things modular, economical and as a logical path to rise the ladder gradually with a rhythm similar to that is followed in traditional style of classroom learning.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for all learners who have done some earlier course on core Java skills, but are still struggling to sharpen their basic skills.
- It is also meant for teachers who want to understand how to challenge their students in a unique way of challenge learning.
- This is not meant for experts in other programming language who are trying to learn Java quickly by knowing the basic syntax difference.