- Some experience with excel would help but not essential
This is a beginner level course designed specifically for accounting and business professionals who have no prior knowledge of computer programming.
Python is gaining popularity in the accounting and finance field. Despite professional willingness to learn it, most courses available online are more centric to IT background professionals.
It is a 1 hour and 18 minutes short course for accountants, auditors, and other finance professionals to learn python taking small steps at a time. The aim is to avoid technical jargon and setup complexities so the accountants can get straight to learning rather than frustrating installing software and setting up environments.
Practice exercises use Google Colab Notebook, so you don’t need to install anything on your computer. Google Colab is a cloud-based software that allows you to write your code online. All you need is just a google account.
Class notebooks are attached to either download or linked to open in Google Colab directly.
What we cover in this course:
· Introduction to Programming
· Introduction to Python
· Syntax or Grammar of Programming
· Data Formats (Structured Data, Unstructured Data etc.)
· Data Types (String, Numbers, Dates, Boolean etc.)
· Operators(>, =, /, ==, & etc.)
· Conditional Statements (if, else, etc.)
· Loops (For, While)
· Data Structures in Python (Lists, Dictionaries, Data Frames )
After completing this course
1. You will have an understanding of computer programming
2. Various Data Structures
3. Write basic Python syntax
4. Familiarity with a notebook, so you know where to write your code.
See you in Class!
I want to credit the following resources in making this course.
Track: We Were Young — Vendredi [Audio Library Release]
Music provided by Audio Library Plus
Available at YouTube
Videos and Images:
Who this course is for:
- Accounting and finance professionals, students in accounting and finance and people with general interest in python