- Students should have basic level experience of SQL such as performing SQL SELECT Commands, using the Where clause, Group By clause and performing table joins
If you have some experience with SQL and want to develop your query skills to the next level from intermediate to advanced then this is the perfect course for you!
No downloads or software installation required. We will be using Oracle APEX which is a web-based application – you will be set up with your own virtual database hosted on the cloud! Although we will be using Oracle APEX the course has been designed to highlight key differences between some of the main Database Management Systems such as MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server, so what you learn in this course can be applied across all platforms supporting SQL.
This course will cover
- Analytical (Window) Functions
- Regular Expressions (RegEx)
- Materialized Views
- Extensions to Group By
- Correlated Subqueries
- Common Table Expressions
- Hierarchical Queries
- Data Cleansing
- Data Manipulation
The lectures in this course are arranged into short, bite-sized chunks. The course is designed to be comprehensive, but also concise in order to make the learning experience as easy as possible. Each section of the course has been specifically tailored to give the optimal learning experience, sections are packed with quizzes, assignments and real world type scenarios to give you an opportunity to develop your practical skills.
As your instructor I have 10+ years of professional experience consulting and working for a range of publicly listed companies. I have worked extensively across multiple database management systems including Oracle, MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
I hope to see you enrolled in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Students aiming to take their SQL skills to the next level and master advanced SQL functions and operations
- Individuals looking to pursue a career in a data related field